Your hip joint can tolerate repeated movements and a great deal of wear and tear. However, despite its tenacity, your hip joint is not indestructible. Hip pain can be caused by factors like trauma and poor posture. Additionally, with age and overuse, the cartilage may become susceptible to wear and tear, resulting in hip pain.
Physical discomfort and pain in the hip can vary from mild to severe, and it’s not pain you should learn to live with. It’s treatable. If you are experiencing hip pain, Millar Chiropractic Clinics in Huntsville, AL can help with treatment. Our team will help you return to your normal activities pain-free.
Causes of Hip Pain
Some causes of hip pain include:
- Hip fractures: Your hip bones weaken with age, becoming susceptible to breakage, especially after a fall.
- Bursitis: Bursitis is the soreness of the fluid sacs that stop the tendons and muscles from causing in friction with the bone. Bursitis makes the outside of your hip, buttocks, and thigh hurt.
- Tendonitis: This is inflammation of the tendons due to repetitive use, and may cause hip pain.
- Labral tears: When the labrum tears, especially in athletes, it leads to pain in the hip and groin, limiting movement.
- Hip impingement: Intense activities can cause the fusion of hip bones in abnormal shapes and can limit movement, risking premature osteoarthritis.
- Arthritis: This causes inflammation of the hip joint, leading to progressive pain and joint stiffness.
Symptoms of Hip Pain
Symptoms associated with hip pain vary from mild to severe. They include:
- Loss of the motion of the hip
- Swelling and tenderness of the hip
- Difficulty sleeping on the hip
- Groin pain
Treatment for Hip Pain
Chiropractic treatment is a great option for people struggling with hip pain and other conditions related to misaligned hips.
Our chiropractors will first reduce swelling and inflammation in your hip. Manual manipulation and mobilization therapy can also be used to improve flexibility, strength, and positioning of the hips, enhancing balance and realignment. We also offer short-wave diathermy to deliver moist heat in the tissues. Our chiropractors may suggest corrective exercises and nutritional supplements to help with hip pain and rebalance your body.
We may use a combination of treatments to relieve your hip pain. Incorporating lifestyle changes and proper nutrition, exercise, and stretching will help your body heal.
Visit Our Chiropractors
No one should have to live with hip pain. At Millar Chiropractic Clinics in Huntsville, AL, we can help with natural hip pain treatment. To schedule your appointment, call us today.